Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Different: Pantone Mugs

Oh Pantone...how you color my world...literally. I've done a lot of research on color and it's effect on people as well as color forecasting, because being a marketing and merchandising major...color has a lot to do with people's spending habits and can really change a person's emotions. It's a bit crazy when you go far into it. Anyway, Pantone is one of the most important authorities of color when it comes to predicting the market and trends of what is to come as far as fashion, home decorating, and many other consumer products. 


Did you know that 2011 has its own color? Guess what it is?


(images from pantone.com)

Honeysuckle!




Colors of the year are based on society as a whole and the current events that are going on in the world. I guess I can throw that crazy German word everyone always wants to say on occasion to make them sound super sophisticated: zeitgeist. ( you know the really crappy smashing pumpkins album...sorry guys i <3 u but not my fave) 


They chose Honeysuckle as 2011's color of the year with this reasoning: ""In times of stress, we need something to lift our spirits. Honeysuckle is a captivating, stimulating color that gets the adrenaline going – perfect to ward off the blues." (Pantone Press Release)


So if you want to lift your spirits, get some honeysuckle colored anything in your life.


To read more about the color of the year visit: http://www.pantone.com/pages/pantone/Pantone.aspx?pg=20821&ca=4


Anyway, to my awesome find of the day! While being distracted from schoolwork, I came across these lovelies:




Pantone mugs!!!...in lots of colors...and I decided I probably need to own them all at some point in my life...or at least a few, because these are just really too cool. (Christmas idea anyone?)




I'm sure that you can find these a lot of places, but this is where I stumbled to find them: 
http://shop.walkerart.org/collections/holiday-gift-guide-home-and-hostess/products/pantone-mugs




Well school time for me...I'll be back later with that Black Friday/ Cyber Monday list ! If not tonight then tomorrow!




xodani

No comments:

Post a Comment